For more information about service dog organizations, check out the links below:
- Assistance Dog International list of members who provide service dogs for PTSD
- Pet Partners – “Touching Lives, Improving Health”
- University of California, Davis Veterinary Medicine – Psychiatric Dogs
This is a list of additional organizations that provide psychiatric service dogs:
- muttswithamission.org – ME
- newhorizons.org – FLA only
- paws4people.org or paws4vets.org
- pawsandstripes.org – NM
- soldiersbestfriend.org – AZ
For resources on mental healthcare, see below:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for Veterans
- After Deployment
- National Center for PTSD aims to advance the clinical care and social welfare for U.S Veterans through research, education, and training on PTSD and stress-related disorders.
- Outward Bound program for Veterans provides an opportunity for camaraderie and has proven to be a powerful tool in helping veterans read just after leaving the combat zone.